January 10, 2007

Insanity at INS

Yesterday we went to INS to get our fingerprints updated. Yes this will be the 4th time I have been fingerprints, but who's counting. We got there to find out we had to pay 5.00 to park, slight irritation. Our appointment was for 9:00 we promptly arrived at 8:45am. We made a couple of big mistakes, so listen up for all those who need to do this. First, get coffee before you go, no they don't have coffee machines or anything that resembles coffee anywhere close by. Second take something to read, I know this sound like a no brainer but we didn’t think about it, dugh. We where there from 8:45-12:30 with an appoint. URG, I feel bad for people who have to deal with ins on a regular base. Oh, the best part. They spelt my husbands name wrong on the paperwork, so I went to the desk to ask who could fix this. The guy raised his voice and said "mama you have to make an appointment for that" I said I do have an appoint, he said I would have to make a separate appoint to get the name corrected. Mind you it was only an extra t in his name. Oh boy. We got it straightened out but boy oh boy I feel bad for all those dealing with INS. While we waited it was interesting to see all the different people, I just wanted to ask everyone where they are from and how they ended up in Seattle. But of course I didn't. I bet there are some really interesting stories there.

Later that day we went to babies-r-us and got one of the car seats we need, and bottles. This is one of the last big things we need so I'm happy to have it. We decided on the Eddie Bauer 3-In-1 Elite in pink of course

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a nightmare. Glad you got the name thing straightened out. My dh is German, so we went through Miami INS for his green card--they made us feel like criminals, it was awful. Jacksonville was much better, when we applied for citizenship--I am hoping we will have good luck with the adoption paperwork there. I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had to put up with that. It can all be so aggravating. Glad things worked out OK...finally. :)

    That's a great car seat! We had an Eddie Bauer seat for Ava, too and we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep you posted on our experience. I just sent our I-600a in yesterday so we are right behind you. I don't look forward to spending that much time there :(
    Thanks for the heads up of what it might be like.

    ReplyDelete