January 4, 2007

are we there yet?

Still waiting, no updates. I need to get use to the idea of waiting until after Tet to travel. There is nothing I can do to make this change. So there it is, not I need to soak in it for a bit.

Last night I paid the deposit for daycare. I thought it was going to be a quick drop in and leave a check, I was there for 1 hour! It was really nice they gave me another tour, made a list of things I need to bring and answered a lot of questions. I was really happy to see there was even more diversity in the children then I had seen in our first visit. All the kiddos are so cute!

Since we are first time parents we are new to the whole parenthood club, and let me tell you I feel like an outsider. I seem to be clueless and a bunch of things and think everyone we meet knows we don't have kids yet, so automatic disassociation. I'm sure we will get past this initiation period and join the rest of you in parenthood bliss. I also hope it will be easier to meet people wants we are in the parenthood club.

1 comment:

  1. That's nice you have been able to get the daycare issue taken care of ahead of time! I bet it was a reality check...you will actually be a mom SOON! :)

    We have the teeniest tiniest glimmer of hope that we may travel at the end of January....but it's fading fast. I've tried to stay focused on the Feb/March cusp. We can lean on each other throughout February. Hey, at least it's the shortest month of the year!! :)

    ReplyDelete