December 1, 2006

Welcome December!

During our adoption the end of each month was always a little depressing for me. Since this whole process is based upon dates, deadlines and time lines in the past a new month has meant a milestone not met.

I'm really going to try not to think our progress as far as dates. Will we get our travel approval in December, humm. That might be a set up for disappointment come Jan 1. Sooo, I'm going to think of things as far as in a few months or soon. Then I don't put to much pressure on dates that might or might not happen. After all if it's one thing I have learned during this process is we don't have control over 80% of what happens.

On a side note, we are going to get a tree this weekend. I LOVE Christmas! I got a new cookie press that I'm dying to try out. It seems a lot easier than hand rolling sugar cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to look at a couple months at a time, too. Although I have a feeling this month I'm going to be antsy. Thank goodness for the holidays hustle & bustle!

    Have fun getting your tree! We are getting ours this weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get your tree? Don't forget to post a picture. We are getting our tree next weekend. Hang in there you are getting close. I'll kep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking in terms of spring. By spring I should have SOME info and until then, I will keep busy with the holidays and then our year end close at work. I hope you hear something sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete