December 6, 2006

poa

Today we got more paperwork to sign. The POA and referral acceptance each will go to the Justice Department in HCMC and DIA in Hanoi. I was all excited about this thinking it meant we where "closer" then I asked my agency what this meant. Basically nothing. She also told me we need to get refingerprinted because our prints expire on Jan 21st. URG, I guess that mean we aren't traveling before then and now another expense of getting refingerprinted. I don't mind getting refingerprinted if we need to but I keep holding onto the idea of traveling in January. I know this setting myself up for a huge disappointment but I cannot help it.

Wasn't I just saying not to but timelines on this stuff, what happen to that train of thought...

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You are getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty of clinging to timelines, too. Just keep reminding yourself that you are finally on the downward slope. Most of the adoption process is behind you now, you are VERY close to having your daughter in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too upset. It doesn't necessarily mean you aren't traveling before then. I believe the fingerprints have to be valid the day you leave Vietnam to come home. I could be wrong but that is what i thought. If so, you would not want to get stuck there without fingerprints. But it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be there by then! Chin up :-)

    ReplyDelete