February 27, 2007

Top Ten Worry Stone Items

Here are the top ten things running through my head that I worry about in being a new mom.

1. we will put the diaper on backwards. Plain and simple. We will do something really obviously incorrect and won't realize we are doing it.

2. she won't be happy. This is huge, I worry about her having problems in teenage year with regards to her adoption. I really want the world for this little girl and hope that she feels loved and happy with herself.

3. food. I worry about what types of food to feed her. What if she's allergic to something. (update: I found this great resource page 2 shows when to switch your baby to different foods)

4. we will spoil her. We are so overwhelmed with love and excitement to bring her home, I worry we will spoil her years down the road.

5. sore muscles. Yes, I worry that after we get her she will get sore muscles. I have to laugh at myself for this one. But really if she spends most of her time in her crib, after we get her she will be out all the time, crawling around, sitting up, etc.

6. finding a babysitter. How the heck do you find a baby sitter when you are new to an area? We have a daycare, but a babysitter is still on the to do list.

7. i'll worry to much. isn't that crazy. I'm worried about worrying. Oh boy, brother I need some help here people!

8. she will miss out on being close to her extended family. We don't live close to our family. This is hard in multiple ways, but having a good career and being able to support our family is equally as important. This isn't an easy one.

9. money. enough said...

10. she will grow up really fast and this moment will be over.

4 comments:

  1. You will be a wonderful parent, so don't even worry that you'll do something wrong. Of course that takes me to #7 - you WILL worry. A lot. And there's nothing you can do about it. It's a mother thing.

    #10 - savor this moment. Unfortunately, the baby/toddler years go too quickly. Take TONS of pictures of your girl, take video, journal or blog about her developement, speech and so on, as she grows. Before you know it you'll be sending her out the door to kindergarten like I did this year. (sniff, sniff) And of course time keeps on ticking from there too. The good news is that the older they get the more fun they get :) There's nothing like carrying on a conversation with your child...they are so funny and witty. It's amazing.

    (sorry so long!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. glad to hear I am not the only one who worries about worrying....at leastit helps pass the time, right?
    seriously, your going to be fine. the diapers on backward won't happen.....just remember the sticky tabs go on the front...(of course, if you are majorily sleep deprived, there is a slight possibility that in the middle o the night you might start putting it on backwards...but its just a slight possibility..and anyway the diaper will still work...)
    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #11, that she will be daddy's little girl and you wont' be able to hold her for even a minute. Oh wait that's my big worry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the list..... I think we all have the same worries, it's normal.

    ReplyDelete