November 20, 2006

Turkey Week

We are in the middle of remodeling our guest bathroom. And when I say 'we' I mean my husband and I, no contractors. My mother keeps making oh so subtle comments about the timing of this. But hey this is a good distraction from waiting to travel. So, we took out the title in the shower, the bathtub and the floor this weekend. I cleaned up last night and went to shut the door to keep the cats out of there. And had a sick feeling to my stomach, PANIC! So I slept horrible last night partly because of worry about having everything ready and partly do to the chocolate pie I eat at 8:45pm giving way too much sugar for my own good.

We have gotten no updates on travel; I think we are still in Step 2 waiting for provincial approval. Does anyone know approx. how long this takes in HCMC?

We are going to Colorado for thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and taking a break. We land at 3:30 and dinner is at 5:00pm so let's hope for no snow, at least until we get to my mom's!

Jenn's blog post reminds the true mean of the holidays, so it's my turn at the table.

I'm thankful for my husband who I cannot imagine any day without seeing his smiling face. I’m thankful to the people of Vietnam for allowing me the opportunity to care for one of there precious babies. I’m thankful for the adoption community who has welcomed my family with open arms.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to reflect on the "thanks" in thanksgiving?

    Remodeling sounds like the perfect distraction. I wonder if I could convince my husband..hmmmm...

    I hope HCMC has a fast turn around for provincial approval! Who knows, maybe we will be in Vietnam together...SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the remodeling, we ran out of things to remodel trying to pass the time.... Guess we better buy a new house!!

    Have a safe trip and a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOpe you have a wonderful time in Colorado with your family. (I miss the mountains--we lived in Durango for about 3 yrs). Happy thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete