July 9, 2007

July

Daycare continues to go ok, not great but not horrible. I'm really sad to leave her in the morning, but think it's good for her to be around other kids and good for mommy to continue her career. The end of the day has such a ray of sunshine when I get to get in my car and go get her!

S. is now 11 month's old! I cannot hardly believe that. She is such a sweetie pie, I'm truly in love with this girl.

I need your help, please! S. is 11 months and not sleeping through the night. She gets up for a bottle around 3:45am each and every night. Is this something to be concerned about? Any tricks to get her to sleep through the night? tired tired mommy

3 comments:

  1. It took us a long time to get Lucy to sleep through the night. Unfortunately, some kids just take a long time to be able to do it. I had many many parents tell me when I was asking about it that their kids did not sleep through the night until over a year old. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I think some of them just need the night bottle for quite a while. I hope she can make it through the night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:17 PM

    What is she eating before bedtime? I would try feeding her some baby cereal (Gerber rice or oatmeal) before bed to help keep her tummy full at night. (mix baby food with it if she doesn't like the taste) This worked great for Ava. She would eat a bowl of cereal and then a full bottle immediately before bedtime and it carried her through until the morning.

    Another thing to look at is her naps. Does she take an evening nap? If so, can it be omitted?

    If these things don't work (or maybe you're already doing it and it's not working) then I would say just hang in there. I would keep up her night bottle and just assume it's a comfort thing. It might be that she still need a little reassurance throughout the night. At least it's only ONE time per night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:22 AM

    My little one was starving. She never had enough to eat at the orphanage. Once home she was hungry for many months. Maybe she is still playing catch up and needing to eat more frequently.

    ReplyDelete